- First you have to admit to yourself that you made a mistake.
I know my flaws before other people point them out to me. Taylor Swift.
- Take ownership and acknowledge the flaw or mistake.
Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy. Proverbs 28:13
- Releasing the underlying emotion or belief you have attached to the mistake or what made you feel guilty.
“To get over the past, you first have to accept that the past is over. No matter how many times you revisit it, analyze it, regret it, or sweat it…it’s over. It can hurt you no more.”― Mandy Hale.
- Let go that part of your past that you need to forgive. Move on.
“Your capacity to learn from your mistakes and move on will be key to your ultimate success and achievement.” Amy E. Dean
- Do be too critical about yourselves than you are of others. Give yourself a benefit of doubt.
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Learn from your experiences.
“The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” Henry Ford
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18